Berthillon on Île Saint-Louis

This is a flashback to a sunny afternoon in Paris and the refreshingness of lime sorbet, cold and tart.

Strawberry and lime sorbet from Berthillon

This photo is from a wonderful warm trip to Paris in May of 2010 with my close friend Marc. The City of Lights in late spring cast its spell, and by the end of our first full day we were carefree and happy. In the evening we had desert for dinner - a nutella banane crêpe for Marc and sorbet from Berthillon on the Île Saint-Louis for me. 

With Marc in Montmartre

I wish it were warm enough for sorbet, but after that heat spell where it was 75 degrees every day in March, the temperature has cooled down quite a bit in the 'Burgh. High today of only 48! I'm also longing for those carefree days - according to the Pitt News, which counts bomb threats by building (even when they come in sets of 3 or 4, which I have been counting as one threat), the total is 57. 

All of these numbers are making my head hurt, it's off to Political Philosophy class for me. Yes, I prefer Thomas Hobbes and John Locke to counting to fifty-seven. Just between you and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS