nouvelles tardives de mon anniversaire (belated news of my birthday)




Koo Koo! (ça veut dire salut en français!) (ENG: that means hi in French)
  J'espère que tout va bien aux Etats-Unis. Ici, il fait beau depuis quelques jours, et c'est merveilleux. 



  I hope everything's going well in the US. Here, the weather has been great the last few days, and it's marvelous. 

Le printemps à Aix est venu rapidement! Il y a une semaine il faisait assez froid et beaucoup de vent, puis tout d'un coup le printemps est arrivé et maintenant le temps est agréable presque tous les jours. Même les SDF (Sans Domicile Fixe) dessinent "Merci" avec les fleurs aux couleurs vives sur le trottoir avec les craies. Malheureusement, ils existent partout à Aix. Les vieux hommes au parc jouent à la pétanque (un vieux jeu provençal avec deux boules metales et une petite boule en bois qui s'appelle le cochonnet - le but du jeu, c'est de jeter les boules metales vers le cochonnet, et celui à qui appartient la boule la plus près du cochonnet à la fin soit le vainqueur), où j'ai passé l'après-midi en faisant le bain de soleil avec Katja, Becca, et une nouvelle amie, Nina - elle vient de Jamaique! Alors, ça c'est tout pour les descriptions en français. Je voulais vous tenir au courant de ma vie quotidienne, et cette fois, j'ai décidé de vous raconter mes nouvelles en français; c'est impressionnant, n'est-ce pas?

ENG: Springtime in Aix came quickly! A week ago it was rather cold and windy, then suddenly spring arrived and now it's nice out almost every day. Even the SDFs (homeless people / beggars) draw "Thank You" with colorful flowers on the sidewalk with crayons. Unfortunately, they are everywhere in Aix. The old men in the park play pétanque (an old provencal game with two metal balls and one small wooden one called the cochonnet - the goal of the game is to throw the metal balls towards the cochonnet, and whoever owns the ball that landed the closest in the end is the winner.), where I spent the afternoon sun bathing with Katja, Becca, and a new friend, Nina - she's from Jamaica! So, that's it for my descriptions in French. I wanted to keep you informed of my daily life, and this time, I decided to tell you all the news in French; it's impressive, isn't it?

Anyways, here's some more in English. Monday was low - key, I got plenty of Happy Birthday wishes from my friends via Facebook, and got to Skype with my family back home. My roommates took me out for my birthday. Lauren took me to lunch at a restaurant in the Place des Augustins called Burger Bar - I ordered a veggie burger with avocado and onions and it was amazing! Lauren and Katie were the ones who bought me the crown you see in the picture below and made me wear it all night - but that's okay because the 20th birthday (le jour de mes vingt ans) is a major deal around here, and I was given things for free all night - croque monsieurs, etc. Someone else in my program, Will, who has the same birthday as I (March 15 - beware the ides of March!) and he decided to come dancing with us. This is Will and I at O'Sullivans where I met up with Brittany and two of Lauren's friends who were visiting from London. 

On Tuesday, Madame cooked cooked dinner as per usual, but surprised me with a cake afterwards! Don't you just love birthdays! Attention on me, presents, crowns, champagne, new dresses...  




On Wednesday, Allison and Brittany had a birthday party for me at their apartment on rue Méjanes. So many people came, and Brittany baked me a key lime rum cake and a chocolate fondant cake with espresso icing and strawberries. YUM! 

Tomorrow at 9am, I leave for the Camargue. Updates soon. Bisous xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS