Encounters with Wild Animals

Fearless or Reckless?
You decide.

An elk approaches our group on horseback...
My dad approaches bison in Yellowstone National Park...
I mistakenly assume that this is the baby bear and allow it to approach me... it's not. 


Meet Mama Brown Bear! When I noticed her cub, which was about the size of a labrador puppy, scaling a nearby tree, I held my breath and slowly... backed... away... 

These photos were taken in Yellowstone National Park and its environs. Of course we saw many more beautiful animals - animals by the flock and herd in one of the most majestic settings on Earth. These photos just demonstrate our close encounters with, uhh, nature. Not included: the snake I almost stepped on by the Yellowstone River. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS