a new [french] lifestyle

Bon Jour!
Tomorrow I leave for my ten day adventure in Italy with my girl friends, so I wanted to submit a quick update before I leave. It was freezing in Aix today, even though we're the only spot on the map in France without snow! It flurried today, but that's it. In the picture below, the fountain behind Allison and I is frozen! The water comes directly from warm natural springs, so sometimes when its cold, you can see hot fog rising off the water, but today it was actually frozen!


Below is Brittany, Allison, me and Becca escaping the cold and doing some homework at our favorite English cafe called Book and Bar. We're enjoying a cafe allongee (espresso with hot water) and un pain au chocolat, or pain choco for short. 


The other night, I went to my first "boite de nuit," or night club, for some dancing with my friends Kim, Ariana, and Maddie (below). Maddie (Boston), Kim (New York), Matt (New Hampshire) and and I are the only CEA semester students from the "northeastern" U.S., placing me in a minority I've never experienced. The majority of the students are from Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, Alabama, California, and Colorado. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS