All of the Pretty Lights

I had my first real rock star moment last week when I was guest listed for a huge concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado. As in, for free, as in, I'm with the band. Well, practically (not really). 

My good friend and occasional neighbor* Vincent D'Annunzio has been touring with Lee Fields as his lead guitarist. He rocks pretty hard. They both do. On August 17th Lee Fields and the Expressions would be opening for Pretty Lights at Red Rocks, and Vince put yours truly on the guest list. If it weren't for the spastic little victory dance I did in the front seat of Marc's car, you might have thought I was a real rock star. Or a rock star girlfriend, or a passable Penny Lane. Or anyone cool. 

Anyway, it was for this reason that as the sun set that Friday night, Marc and I were tailgating at the most badass venue in North America. Minutes before the concert was due to start, we joined the sea of hipsters and stoners headed for the entrance. We heard the first guitar riff echoing off the red sandstone walls as the sky turned from pink to blue. I looked, and there was Vince on stage, a live feed of his hands on the guitar strings projected on the big screen to everyone in the audience. I thought that their performance was incredible, and while I may be biased the other 9,449 people in the crowd cheering like crazy could not have been wrong. 

I had such an incredible night. Thank you Vince, thank you Lee Fields & the Expressions, thank you to the Grouch and Eligh, and THANK YOU to Derek Smith, aka Pretty Lights, for that amazing set that lasted for hours. You, sir, are an inspiration. 

* He travels a lot. He's everyone's neighbor.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS