The Falmouth Oyster Festival

I REMEMBER driving to Falmouth in Cornwall on the southwestern tip of England for the Oyster Festival with my Mom and stepfather Jamie. It was very crowded inside but the music was lively and the food and drink were excellent.




Nom nom... or slurp slurp maybe? 

Afterwards we challenged ourselves to walk all the way up to the erstwhile English fort on the top of the highest hill... The only thing that kept me going was the ice cream vendor three quarters of the way up. I bought my new favorite flavor (honeycomb) and took in the view of the harbor while waiting for the sugar high that would carry my weary legs the rest of the way.



Falmouth Port is the deepest harbor in western Europe


The fortress at Pendennis Castle, built by Henry VIII in the 1540s

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS