Heading West: Inspiration

As I pack for my road trip, I'm listening to the Rolling Stones... 


and Johnny Cash (In truth, I love the entire American V album. I pretend the voice is my grandfather, and that he recorded this album for me, so that I would have it forever.)



and one of my favorite voices: Tom Waits. These days, I feel like most of the music on the radio could have been made entirely by a machine, or by one person who sings vocals and synthesizes the rest. These men's voices are like acoustic songs where you can hear fingers moving on the strings: entirely real, gritty and honest. 


The first song I ever heard by Tom was "Cold, Cold Ground." Look it up if you like him. 

ALSO: To all of my friends and family members who are at the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert today, and I know there are dozens of you, if you feel like recommending some country for my road trip, go on ahead. Show me what I've been missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS